Apeldoorn - the Netherlands
Kato Group is our “birth name”, Knivesandtools our nickname. Nice to meet you!
With 9 web shops in 7 countries (NL, BE, FR, DE, IE, UK & AT). Kitchen knives, pocketknives, polish products, flashlights, field-glasses and other outdoor products make our heart beat faster.
The assortment is over 11.000 products and we offer outstanding services. The company started in 1999 and still grows fast.
Kato Group wants to offer an exceptional experience around a purchase. This means being flexible and handling fast and offer solutions with the client as first priority.
Ownership is very much appreciated. The culture at the company is very informal and friendly and young of spirit. For example they have a weekly Friday afternoon drink all together and also several company parties.
At Knivesandtools development is priority. They want to realize this by using new software. Think of increasing web applications, but also tools who can computerize the processes in an intelligent way. There are nice and challenging projects waiting for you to realize and to add your knowledge and expertise to make collective technical decisions.
The IT department consists of a small club of young people. They want to expand the team by creating a healthy mix of senior and medior/ junior PHP developers. Together you will all build a solid team which is the base of a lot of new development of applications. Your contribution to the company will be significant. They use modern techniques and have legacy systems to build on.
What will you do?
- Create new applications and modules in PHP.
- Co-decide about technical choices who need to be made.
- Control and criticize of codes which your colleges deliver.
- Take care of structured legible codes accommodate with comments.
- Collaborate with the existing Scrum-team.
- Assist colleges with the right date from the diverse systems.
Who are you?
You fit in this young and ambitious team and you are loyal to colleges. You are creative, talented, ambitious and take responsibility. They like to work with friendly and cheerful people who make it even nicer at this fast-growing e-commerce company.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- You are intelligent, street-smart and eager to learn.
- You have very solid programming experience in PHP (5+ years in professional environment).
- You have solid knowledge of SQL.
- You have sufficient knowledge of front-end to use the already developed design.
- You have experience in version control.
- You have worked with frameworks like Laravel/ Symfony.
- You have worked on large applications (30+ pageviews per second).
- Advantage: you have actual knowledge of PHP 7.2.
- Advantage: you have connected before with external systems, like SOAP or REST.
- Advantage: you have build on applications from scratch
- Advantage: you have experience with API-first development.
- Advantage: You are good in PUBG (but we also like it if you want to learn how to play this ).
- Fluency in English is a must.
What do we offer?
- A lot of space for creativity, sharing your own ideas and development.
- A relaxing work environment with young and ambitious colleges.
- Daily offered lunch (for free) and very good coffee.
- A good salary.
- Dutch labor contract.