(Global) Manufacturing Quality Manager
Global office in Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Apollo Tyres is a multinational with offices and production facilities in India, Hungary and the Netherlands. Apollo develops and manufactures different types of tyres, like PV, TBR and OHT. The company represents e.g. Apollo and Vredestein. The tyres are sold in several global regions, including Europe, Asia and Americas.
In 2014 the Global Quality Department and Business Excellence Office is established in Amsterdam and is responsible for the entire portfolio of quality and business excellence in the organization.
The purpose of this role is to support the plants, in order to improve performance regarding Manufacturing Quality. You will share the best practices among the plans that the organization permanently develops and you will use best in class procedures and processes.
- Plan and develop the Manufacturing SOP’s together with the plants in order to achieve superior product performance and total customer satisfaction.
- Identify and share best practices among the plants.
- Drive and centrally coordinate the Quality related projects in the manufacturing sites.
- Prepare and distribute the Global QM Manufacturing reports on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate the corporate product and process audits.
- Develop Control Plans and FMEA’s together with the plants. Coordinate this activity centrally to ensure consistence among manufacturing sites.
- Identify and propose manufacturing process improvements, including upgrade and acquisition of new equipment. Prepare the annual QM investments in the scope of yearly budget.
- Coordinate and drive centrally the initiative “Scrap Attack” following up the existing actions and its implementation in the plants.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in a tyre plant. R&D or PI experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of all processes of tire manufacturing.
- Experience with FMEA, control plans and problem-solving tools.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple activities and work with teams in different locations (worldwide).
- Proactive approach to problem-solving issues.
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel on a regular base (40-50%)
- You should be willing to relocate to the region of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Apollo Tyres will offer a labour contract with excellent salary & secondary benefits.