Senior Specialist Industrial Engineering
Manufacturing plant in Chennai - India
Apollo Tyres is a multinational with offices and production facilities in India, Hungary and the Netherlands. Apollo develops and manufactures different types of tyres, like PV, TBR and OHT. The company represents e.g. Apollo and Vredestein. The tyres are sold in several global regions, including Europe, Asia and Americas.
In 2014 the Global Manufacturing department is established, with the goal to create a 'center of manufacturing excellence' by proces optimalisation, increasing proces efficiency and minimizing costs in all production facilities. The departments consists of employees of different nationalities and has a strong focus on improving and implementing of new standards and lean management on a global level.
The purpose of this role to establish and maintain a short and long term Industrial Engineering roadmap, in consultation with Operations, Finance and Process Departments. This role will be the core in striving for excellence programs and cost reduction to become a cost leader in the market.
- Be an Apollo Productivity Manager, driving efficient use of machines, Human Resources and material in the factories.
- Drive Periodic Operational Plant IE reviews, to ensure root causes are found and properly addressed.
- Support and drive development of the IE organisations of the manufacturing plants. Local IE needs to be able to challenge the current status quo in the plants and needs to act as the eyes, ears and conscience of the responsible Unit Head.
- Drive improvement programs in (and across) the regions together with local counterparts.
- Write the blue books for expansion or green field projects.
- Train your knowledge on IE and Lean tools to Jr Engineers and plant IE (e.g. time studies, SWC’s, MMO’s, Value Stream Mapping, etc.).
- Actively support the (IE part of) Apollo Manufacturing System development & sustenance, and be an ambassador to the system.
- Improve the manufacturing standards by leading projects to do “more with the same” or to “do the same with less”.
- Develop and coach assigned Jr. Engineers and trainees in their role.
- Analytically capable to independently setup plant simulations
- Actively support knowledge sharing within the regional team and between the regions.
- Industrial Engineering background with at least 10 years of experience.
- Strong leadership skills and good knowledge of production principles
- Being in a global position, the candidate should be flexible to travel frequently and able to effectively deal with multiple nationalities and cultures.
- Capability to work at pace, responding positively to changing customer demands whilst maximising the efficiency of the plan.
- Able to sell ideas.
- Excellent English verbal and written language skills. In the region one or more local languages are a big advantage.
- Change management track record.
- Skilled in project management.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative, perseverant and bold.
- Interdisciplinary cooperation.
- Flexible and initiative, willing to travel.
- Practical Lean philosophy / tool knowledge.
- You should be willing to relocate to the region of Chennai, India.
Apollo Tyres will offer a labour contract with excellent salary & secondary benefits.