Textile Product Development Engineer
Ten Cate Protective Fabrics in Nijverdal - The Netherlands
TenCate Protective Fabrics is a leading global producer of protective fabrics. They design, develop and produce a broad range of products engineered to satisfy the continually evolving needs of industry workers, as well as firefighters and military and police personnel.
Over the years TenCate Protective Fabrics has been the driving force for change and innovation in these varied applications where professionals demand the highest standards for safety.
What is expected from you in this position?
The position comes under the auspices of the TenCate Protective Fabrics product innovation department. You will report to the Director product innovation. The (senior) product development engineer is responsible for the development new products and optimizing new products, developing new technologies and applying this according to the defined marketing strategy.
- Developing new products and processes by performing complex engineering assignments.
- Managing development projects (pilot productions) in collaboration with production and technology to solve obstacles to product marketing.
- Keeping up to date the knowledge with regard to test methods and changes to standards.
- Implement new products and specifications, concerning technical specifications for yarn, rag and finished products.
- Identify market needs and scout for new product opportunities in close collaboration with marketing and product management.
Which profile we are looking for?
- Demonstrable HBO or WO level textile, chemistry, performance materials or related study.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience within an industrial product development environment is a must.
- You have strong written and creative skills.
- Knowledge and experience of product development processes; preferably within the textile industry.
- Excellent level English in word and writing, German is an advantage.
- You have good communication skills.
Ten Cate Protective Fabrics will offer a labour contract with excellent salary & secondary benefits.
An assessment is part of the procedure.