Senior RF IC Design Engineer
Borne or Nijmegen (the Netherlands)
Bruco Integrated Circuits is a fab-less IC design center, creating ground breaking solutions for their world leading customers. Bruco is a flexible company with short lines of communication. Their analogue, RF and mixed-signal application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) are used in a broad range of applications: communications, MEMS, automotive and industrial.
They have created ASICs like:
- eight-input phased-array satellite RF front-ends and the accompanying antenna board;
- tile drivers for 11 million MEMS mirrors on a single 4×2cm die;
- LED driver ASICs able to dim to very low light levels and which are wirelessly controllable;
- automotive IC’s like body controllers, CAN bus transceivers and alternator voltage regulators.
These ASICs are examples of all the diverse projects requiring the best of their highly skilled experts; not only of their technical abilities but also of their flexibility, cooperation and communication. The project teams consist of a mix of system, RF, analogue, digital and application engineers. You will find a high degree of freedom and flexibility within your project team in which everyone is respected for their skill, work and responsibilities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate for the role of Senior RF IC Design Engineer. You will be part of the RF IC Design team which is responsible for maintaining and improving Bruco’s RF IC design competences. You will participate in and guide the IC design projects, set goals and meet deadlines. As a Senior Engineer you have a strong external focus and a full awareness of competitive edge solutions. With your experience you are able to develop and teach colleagues in the own discipline.
- Design and verify integrated circuits and/or integrated circuit building blocks to meet functional and performance specifications in order to give the company a competitive advantage in the IC market.
- Organize, participate and have a consulting function in design reviews.
- Review the IC design, evaluation, characterization and test results.
- Document all development/design issues, contribute to datasheets and development plans.
- Perform feasibility studies and analyze new RF design concepts.
- Contribute to the company’s product portfolio roadmap.
- Compare competitor solutions and propose differentiating solutions.
- Act as a lead engineer in small projects, schedule and take ownership of tasks and proactively report progress to project leaders.
- Guide junior engineers and subcontractors.
You are highly motivated, responsible and a team player. Besides having excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, you are a self-motivated, efficient professional and you like to help extending the organization for further growth. You understand customer, both internal and external, needs and take ownership.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electronics.
- 5+ years of deep working experience in RF IC design.
- Full competence in all aspects of RFIC system design.
- Detailed know-how of and experience with modelling and running AMS simulations.
- A thorough understanding of semiconductor physics and various IC processes.
- Team player with strong human relations skills, able to motivate development teams to deliver best in class quality and go the last mile.
- Good communication skills, fluent in English and preferable also in Dutch.
- Applicants from abroad should be willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
Joining the team of Bruco Integrated Circuits means working in a professional work environment. They offer you an attractive wage package with several extra benefits. In addition Bruco offers you the opportunity to develop technical skills and learn additional skills on the job. Be part of the next generation of innovative IC developers and a flexible and pleasant work environment.