Key Account Manager Original Equipment (OE) - based in Germany
Apollo Tyres is a tyre manufacturer with Indian roots. It’s an ambitious and growing company, with factories in India and Europe (Netherlands and Hungary) and sales offices all over the world. Furthermore they have R&D Centers in Enschede (with subsidiary in Frankfurt) and Chennai, where people work on the development of new passenger car tyres for the brands Apollo and Vredestein.
Apollo is known for ongoing innovation, short communication lines and an informal and open culture. Working at Apollo means autonomy, versatility and multidisciplinary cooperation. Passion, drive, creativity and daring are important competences for (potential) employees!
You will be part of the OE Sales department (EA Region) and report to the Head OE Sales. You will support the establishment of OE business in the region Europe & Americas in order to achieve the company's growth and sales targets.
You will be responsible to build up relationships with OEM customers and also for creating new business, retention and growth. You ensure customers derive maximum value for delivered products and services.
- Be main contact for OEM customers in the area of sales and manage OE projects by supporting all the functions (e.g. R&D, QA, Production, F&A), in all OE related issues to ensure a flawless project management.
- Take care of defined OE customers by managing current business and by identifying & acquiring new business.
- Represent the company's strategic targets towards the OE customer.
- Communicate customer specific requirements and needs throughout the organization.
- Work on RFQ's (including customer B2B portal applications) - means receive and analyze RFQ's, calculate price offers based on company cost price level and market price level, submit quotations and follow up with price negotiations until business nomination.
- Support by following-up with frequent price adjustments (raw material and others) and annual price negotiations in line with the company targets.
- Support reviewing and settling claims considering the balance of customer satisfaction and company interests.
- Actively manage and/or support other organizations with trouble shooting in all OE related issues.
- Bachelor or Master degree in businesse economics, engineering or other technical discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as Account Manager OE or in a comparible position like automotive engineering with basic commercial experience.
- Good knowledge about regional & global automotive processes in the area of purchasing, quality, logistics & engineering.
- Already established network in car manufacturer industry.
- Strong customer focused attitude.
- Strong communication skills with teh ability to convince and to build-up confidence levels.
- Ability to inspire and to motivate people with hands-on mentality.
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross functional activities within multi cultural teams.
- Strong motivation to establish new OE business and to guide the company on the way forward to OE.
- Ability to work independently and travel to customer sites.
- Fluent in English & German - additional language is a plus.
Apollo Tyres will offer a labour contract with excellent salary & secondary benefits.