Business Manager - Chief Manufacturing Officer's office
Located in the Global Manufacturing department, based in Amsterdam - the Netherlands
Apollo Tyres is a tyre manufacturer with Indian roots. It’s an ambitious and growing company, with factories in India and Europe (Netherlands and Hungary) and sales offices all over the world. Furthermore they have R&D Centers in Enschede (with subsidiary in Frankfurt) and Chennai, where people work on the development of new passenger car tyres for the brands Apollo and Vredestein.
In 2014 the Global Manufacturing Department is established in Amsterdam to create establish "a centre of manufacturing excellence" which is responsible for the entire portfolio of global manufacturing activities in the organization.
Apollo is known for ongoing innovation, short communication lines and an informal and open culture. Working at Apollo means autonomy, versatility and multidisciplinary cooperation. Passion, drive, creativity and daring are important competences for (potential) employees!
As Business Manager CMO’s office you support the Chief Manufacturing officer (one of the board members of Apollo Tires) as proactive sparring partner. Your daily activities consist of (but are not limited to):
- Supports the CMO in the daily management of the office.
- Prepares executive presentations/reports and supports the communication process of the office under minimum guidance of the CMO.
- Completes projects and special assignments determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress and making adjustments to plans.
- Being the first point of contact and intermediary to various stakeholders.
- Preparing meetings by collecting and summarizing all relevant information.
- Preparing presentations.
- Updating monthly reports.
- Planning and organizing meetings and workshops
We are looking for a high potential, an ambitious person who wants to grow within the (Global Manufacturing) organisation.
- Masters degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience, or Bachelor degree with adequate professional experience.
- Ideally Technical, Digital and Business background with experience in an innovative environment.
- Strategic thinking and business acumen.
- International experiences as the mangement team of the CMO is located in different countries and you will need to travel.
- You will be the bridge between the CMO and the several Manufacturing activities.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain the right balance among multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Practised Project management skills including Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Great presentation skills (able to prepare executive presentations with minor guidance).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- MS office skills (advanced).
- Flexible, willing to travel.
- Fluent in English - additional language is a plus.
- Out of hours calls/ messages is the norm within Apollo Tyres, so you need to be very flexible - this comes with the job.
- You need to be used to work in high pressure environments and be able to adapt to diverse cultures.
Apollo Tyres will offer a labour contract with excellent salary & secondary benefits and career options.