Sales Manager Spain & Portugal
Home based in Spain
Every day Apollo Group strives to develop and deliver products and services that help their customers grow. Because standing still brings you nowhere, it might even move you backwards. Especially when it comes to the production lines of the customers. With the needs and dreams of the customers at heart, Apollo Group is an example of growth by transformation. The company has 173 years of proud family tradition to back this up. Together with the customers they design, manufacture, sell and install the next generation conveying solutions. Delivering both components as well as complete solutions for the material handling industry.
A family of entrepreneurs that grew from a blacksmith that started in 1847 into a worldwide player in a niche market. Being a worldwide player, means being close to the global customers. All Apollo employees are determined to realize the long-term goals of Apollo and their customers with energy, drive and vision. Read more about the company at their website www.apollobv.com
You will be responsible for the international sales of the products of Apollo Group in Spain & Portugal. You will manage the sales projects and after-sales activities.
You will report directly to the CCO and you will work closely together with the Sales Engineers.
- You observe commercial opportunities in the market and follow developments which affect the market.
- You will be responsible for launching new products in the market.
- You write sales plans: visit frequency, number of new clients and agents, growth of turnover and development of margin and how to put in supportive sales instruments.
- You visit potential clients and maintain relationships with existing clients, key accounts as well as prospects.
- You advice your clients about technical solutions (in cooperation with the sales engineers).
- You advice your clients also about financial and payment options and conditions.
- You receive offers and lay outs from the sales engineers and handle and check them and give the needed follow up.
- You look after sales pricing and margins.
- You discuss sales offers with clients and negotiate about prices and margins.
- You guide the delivery of the assignments to the performing departments.
- You remark market- and product developments in the market and discuss them with the CCO.
- You treat warrants and if needed contact sales engineers for their judgement on the technical part of the claim.
- You are single point of contact for customers in your area.
- You are responsible for after sales activities.
- You advice the CCO about sales budget, opportunities in the market, improvements of products and other ideas to contribute to the sales strategy.
- You are a sales driven person, you are ambitious and like to work in an international team. You are creative, talented, ambitious, entrepreneurial and take responsibility.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8+ years of sales experience.
- You have a technical background and preferably sales experience within system integration or machinery industry.
- You understand AUTOCAD drawings.
- You have project management experience.
- You have preferably an existing network within system integration and FMCG companies.
- You like to travel on a frequent base as you are responsible for Spain, Portugal and possible also for clients in the the southern part of France.
- You are native Spanish and fluent in English.
- Additional: good command of French and/or Portuguese language is a big plus!
- A lot of space for creativity, sharing your own ideas and your personal development.
- Your office will be home-based and you will have at least every quarter a Sales meeting at the HQ in Coevorden, the Netherlands.
- An ambitious and pleasant work environment with driven colleges.
- A good salary, bonus, company car, laptop and phone.
- Spanish labor contract.