Data/ Operations Integration Developer
Manufacturing plant of Apollo in Gyöngyös - Hungary
Apollo Tyres is a tyre manufacturer with Indian roots. It’s an ambitious and growing company, with factories in India and Europe (Netherlands and Hungary) and sales offices all over the world. Furthermore they have R&D Centers in Enschede (with subsidiary in Frankfurt) and Chennai, where people work on the development of new passenger car tyres for the brands Apollo and Vredestein.
Apollo is known for ongoing innovation, short communication lines and an informal and open culture. Working at Apollo means autonomy, versatility and multidisciplinary cooperation. Passion, drive, creativity and daring are important competences for (potential) employees!
This challenging role is suited for the one who is able to build a bridge between IT on the one hand and Operations on the other. The Apollo factories are becoming more and more automated. The amount of data, available on the shop floor, is huge. The challenge is now that Apollo starts listening to the data and act upon it.
We are looking for a curious, master degree or equivalant experienced candidate with an IT and/or operations background with strong analytical skills.
- Building 'Data Lake' in the Gyöngyös tire factory (operations, enginerering, HR).
- Support data warehouse performance by planning and delivering data integrations.
- Support different functions in finding, unlocking and analyzing operations data for data driven decision making.
- Build and maintain dashboards (based on KPI) tree.
- Play a main role in developing the Digital Roadmap for Apollo's operations.
- Act as a bridge between IT and Operations
Your daily tasks
- Support the Hungarian factory IE/ operations teams with data driven decision making.
- Set up data structures and studies data sources by interviewing users: defining, analyzing and validating data objects; identifying the relationship among data objects.
- Plan data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data; designing common keys in physical data structure; establishing data integration specifications; examining data applications; examining data models and data warehouse schema; determining best-fit data interchange methods; assessing middleware tools for data integration, tranformation and routing; developing project scope and specifications; identifying factors that negatively impact integration; forecasting resource requirements; establishing delivery timetables.
- Answer technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members and teach improved processes. Mentor team members when needed to gain more data driven discussions.
- Validate data integration by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/ transform, networks and hardware.
- Maintain data warehouse performance by identifying and resolving data conflicts; upgrading data definitions.
- Improve data integration by designing and evaluating new data inerchange formats; improve physical design, rewrite data policy, standars and procedures.
- Master degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent.
- Experience in Database Management.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Experienced in SQL and/or Python language (or similar) scripting language.
- Open in verbal communication, easy communicator.
- Eager and able to analyze information quickly.
- General consulting skills.
- Willing to relocate to Hungary (area of Budapest).
Apollo Tyres will offer a labour contract with excellent salary & secondary benefits.