Apollo Vredestein Tires, Amsterdam
About the company
Apollo Tyres is a dynamic and fast-growing Indian tyre manufacturer with a global footprint. Powered by its key brands — Apollo and Vredestein, the company offers a comprehensive product portfolio spread across passenger car, light truck, truck-bus, off-highway, and bicycle tires. The company has a manufacturing presence in Asia and Europe with 8 modern tire facilities and exports to over 118 countries.
In this role you will perimeter all products with production capacity in Europe, plan and manage the timely supply of new curing equipment (moulds, containers etc) as decided in the organization for production of new products, transfers between plants, adaptation of number of moulds of existing products to new forecast or production rules.
Moreover, you will initiate transfers, tooling purchases, etc, as per analysis of overload/ underload situations and planned production needs and you will give analytical support to Supply planning, including support to the S&OP process.
With regards to curing equipment (moulds and containers) for all product lines (PCR, OHT, TBR, SM, TWT ) and all European Plants, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Create annual item level CAPEX budget (quantity and amount);
- Initiate and obtain CAPEX approvals (i.e., QuickBase) in connection with budget -project items;
- Have accurate, complete and timely (i.e., in relation to PI plans) SAP Purchase Orders issued by the relevant plants;
- Track individual orders, monitor and control actual purchases against plans (quantity and spend);
- Report quarterly on operational and financial progress, deviations and plan amendments.
- Contribute to the creation of Group Master Supply Agreement (MSA);
- Negotiate with suppliers activities and / or items not entirely covered by MSA;
- Liaise with suppliers on freight mode, freight planning, freight costs, delivery terms etc.
- As part of mould management CFT, plan and conduct quality and process audits at current or potential future suppliers in compliance with Apollo/industry standards to ensure current and future quality standards;
- Monitor quality and service performance of suppliers and issue periodic reports.
- Analyses and reports the evolution of capacity needs linked to business evolutions
- Actively participate and support to the overall S&OP planning process (Short Term) Mid-Long Term;
- Consolidate capacity needs in coordination with Capacity planner by jointly analyzing capacity issues, and suggest and/or agree on remedial actions;
- Feed capacity plans into operational planning process;
- Attends and participates actively to supply review and S&OP cycle.
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain planning in a technical industry (preferably automotive);
- Knowledge of and experience in ERP systems (preferably SAP ECC).
- Negotiation experience and skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Broad understanding of finance and cost control and investment evaluation;
- International experience and multicultural outlook;
- Bachelor or Master degree in quantitative subjects and/or business;
- Excellent analytical skills (Excel , Databases, BI & reporting tools);
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Dutch, German or Hungarian advantageous.
You will be hired directly by Apollo Tires. You will be based at the office in Amsterdam.
- Seniority level: Mid level
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Purchasing and Cost control management
- Industries: Automotive
- Location: Amsterdam