Apollo Tires, Global R&D Office in Enschede
Apollo Tyres Global R&D is the passenger vehicles (PV) competence center of Apollo and responsible for product development of PV tyres globally and coordinate all R&D activities. Apollo is responsible for the development and testing of all passenger car and light lorry tyres for all brands, which the company presents (e.g. Apollo and Vredestein). Products developed in Enschede, the Netherlands is sold in several global regions, including Europe, Asia and Americas.
With approximately 140 employees within Apollo R&D PV, the employees work within a flat organizational framework. Decisions are made quickly and leading to a faster development of new, original products. Colleagues are of different nationalities, highly qualified and you will have to work in a multidisciplinary fashion. Working with Apollo means a high degree of autonomy, development and career opportunities, as well as superior working conditions. Passion, drive, creativity and an enterprising character are important personal skills for all employees of Apollo.
You are responsible for the further development of parametric mould engineering as well as wider deployment of CATIA in the overall tyre development process.
More specific you are responsible for:
Development of parametric tyre mould model.
Extraction of new sizes out of this parametric model.
Set up of parametric model of tyre cross section as input for FEM analysis.
- Engineering of sidewall plates with 2D/3D
Responsible for the further development of parametric mould engineering.
- You will contribute knowledge of FEA and CFD to the mould department.
- Deployment of CATIA in the overall tyre development process by a seamless link with the FEM package Abaqus.
- You will also guide mould suppliers in the outsourcing of activities/ projects and take part in internal projects.
- Drive PMO excellence (risk analysis, Lessons Learned, Project and Gate reviews, etc.)
- Control projects
- Support in continuous improvement and quality issues.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management in an international environment of the automotive industry.
- Solid knowledge of FEA and CFD.
- Proven knowhow of quality management.
- Experienced in working with 3D engineering software like CATIA (V5), Unigraphics, CREO and Solidworks.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, VBA, CatScript, Structural Mechanics and ThermoDynamics.
- Team player with strong communication skills in English. Preferably also in German. Able to communicate with people of different nationalities.
- Willingness to travel on a regular base.
- You should be willing to relocate to the region of Enschede, the Netherlands.
Apollo Tires will offer you a labour contract with good salary and attractive secondary benefits.