Operational Production Planner
Apollo Vredestein Tires, Amsterdam
About the company
Apollo Tyres is a dynamic and fast-growing Indian tyre manufacturer with a global footprint. Powered by its key brands — Apollo and Vredestein, the company offers a comprehensive product portfolio spread across passenger car, light truck, truck-bus, off-highway, and bicycle tires. The company has a manufacturing presence in Asia and Europe with 8 modern tire facilities and exports to over 118 countries.
The position is part of the department Supply Chain. The position is based in Amsterdam (with travel to Enschede – based on need) It concerns a full-time position in a day shift. As Production Planner, the perimeter of the job is finished goods of all product lines, in concert with the relevant internal stakeholders, with a view to maximizing product availability over time while meeting the stock goals and the agreed priorities.
Specific tasks of the position:
- Plans factory production on both a monthly and weekly basis, calculating net requirements, prioritizing them and working out a tentative production plan on the basis of the main constraints.
- Interacts with the factory planners to turn the above tentative production plan into a final production plan (monthly) and schedule (weekly) both fully feasible and suitably detailed for the subsequent factory planning.
- Updates production data in the ERP for the benefit of all involved parties.
- Designs, implements & monitors relevant KPIs;
- Interacts with supply planners to originate and/or manage shifts in requirements or product allocations.
- Monitors and projects stocks and availability anticipates deviations.
- Contributes to the S&OP.
- Works out short term and medium term production plans in concert with factory planning and long term (budget) plans.
- Originates and/or manages equipment acquisition and/or transfer plans in relation to medium term (S&OP) and long term (budget) plans.
- Works out alternative planning scenarios.
Your qualifications and experiences
- Required language knowledge (level): English – Professional
- Bachelors/Master degree in quantitative subjects (Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain);
- Understanding of industrial constraints and manufacturing in general and deep understanding of the S&OP framework.
- 2-5 years experience in Production or Supply Chain Planning in an Automotive/Automobile/Tyre industry;
- Knowledge of and experience in ERP systems (preferably SAP ECC) and command over excel is mandatory.
You will be hired directly by Apollo Tires. You will be based at the office in Amsterdam.
- Seniority level: Mid-level
- Employment type: Full-time
- Job function: Production Planning
- Industries: Automotive
- Location: Amsterdam