Apollo Tires, Global R&D Office in Enschede
Apollo Tyres Global R&D is the passenger vehicles (PV) competence center of Apollo and responsible for product development of PV tyres globally and coordinate all R&D activities. Apollo is responsible for the development and testing of all passenger car and light lorry tyres for all brands, which the company presents (e.g. Apollo and Vredestein). Products developed in Enschede, the Netherlands is sold in several global regions, including Europe, Asia and Americas.
With approximately 140 employees within Apollo R&D PV, the employees work within a flat organizational framework. Decisions are made quickly and leading to a faster development of new, original products. Colleagues are of different nationalities, highly qualified and you will have to work in a multidisciplinary fashion. Working with Apollo means a high degree of autonomy, development and career opportunities, as well as superior working conditions. Passion, drive, creativity and an enterprising character are important personal skills for all employees of Apollo.
You will be working in the pre development department.
Process Engineering is a new introduced function in the organization of the pre development department.
You will be taking care of:
- Developing new process and new machinery according to R&D roadmap.
- Supporting new technologies studies and innovation activities.
- Supporting and optimizing existing tire production and machinery proces and technology.
- Develop and optimize manufacturing and machinery process.
- Develop and share best practices.
- Develop innovative solutions to improve flexibility, productivity, quality of the tires.
- Identify and manage resources to execute process improvement projects.
- Cooperate within other departments in R&D and with other functions in the company as global manufacturing, plants and process technology development.
- Participate in projects with machinery suppliers.
- Participate to conferences and exhibitions.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, chemistry or comparable.
- Experience in tyre industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Process and System engineering is a plus.
- Open mind, proactive approach, problem solution mindset.
- Teamwork attitude.
- Good communication skills and fluent in English.
- Willing to learn.
- Availability to travel (mainly in EU) for about 20% of working time.
- You should be willing to relocate to the region of Enschede, the Netherlands.
Apollo Tires will offer you a labour contract with good salary and attractive secondary benefits.