Regulatory Compliance Manager
Apollo Vredestein Tires, Amsterdam
About the company
Apollo Tyres is a dynamic and fast-growing Indian tyre manufacturer with a global footprint. Powered by its key brands — Apollo and Vredestein, the company offers a comprehensive product portfolio spread across passenger car, light truck, truck-bus, off-highway, and bicycle tires. The company has a manufacturing presence in Asia and Europe with 8 modern tire facilities and exports to over 118 countries.
You will guarantee regulatory compliance of products and services and operations, providing guidance and coordinating all functions on topics related to regulations applicable for tyre industry.
You will report to the Head of Quality & EHS Europe.
- monitor industry regulations trens and new regulations in order to analyse their impact on an organization.
- promote awareness on regulatory affairs and compliance internally.
- manage effectively COP (Conformity of Production) process across the organization, facilitating COP activities in the plants.
- identify potential gaps in regulatory compliance and promote actions to guarantee adequacy of products and processes.
- interpret regulatory language/ administrative process to give guidance to stakeholders within the company to assess risk.
- monitor market surveillance processes promoted by local authorities.
- implementing programs to ensure that regulatory requirements are met.
- all regulatory activities: ensure that these are complied with-, and also act as the contract person for regulatory authorities.
- monitors and testing the internal controls to mitigate compliance risks.
- giving training to the business regarding regulatory matters and AML.
Your qualifications and experiences
- Bachelors/Master degree.
- Safety & Compliance certifications are a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience in regulatory compliance management, preferably within tyre industry.
- up-to-date knowledge of European and American automotive (preferably tire) industry and environmental legislations.
- Affinity with regulatory texts and standards.
- Familiar with compliance systems and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Dutch is an advantage.
- An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong sense of ethics.
You will be hired directly by Apollo Tires. You will be based at the office in Amsterdam.