(Sr.) Material Process Engineer (Mixing)
Apollo Tires, Global R&D Office in Enschede
Apollo Tyres is one of the global players in the tyres business with Indian roots. Apollo is an ambitious and growing company, with factories in India and Europe (Netherlands and Hungary) and sales offices all over the world. Apollo Tyres produces a wide Range of tyres such as Passenger Car Tyres, Ultra High-Performance Tyres, Radial Bus & Truck tyres, Agricultural tyres, Off-the-road tyres and more.
In order to develop and produce its tyres the company operates two Research and development centers, one in Chennai (India) and one in Enschede (The Netherlands). Both R&D centres are specialized to produce tyres for dedicated markets. In the Global R&D Centre in Enschede around 150 employees work on the development of new passenger car tyres for the brands Apollo and Vredestein. Furthermore, Apollo has a subsidiary office in Frankfurt with around 25 employees.
You will be responsible for the development and introduction of new processing techniques and introduction of new materials and compounds to come to better tyre performances according to the process development roadmap. Secondary goals are; optimizing existing processes to enhance production efficiency, acting as R&D Processing consultant in all relevant R&D projects as well as an intermediate between R&D and EA LPI.
Your main activities
- Development and introduction of new processing techniques and introduction of new materials and compounds to come to better tyre performances according to the process development roadmap.
- Optimizing existing processes to enhance production efficiency.
- Initiate introduction of new processes, processing technologies in production.
- Contact between LPI and R&D and ensures and collect globally available (up to date) knowledge regarding processing.
- Setup trials together with local teams. Evaluate processing performance and optimize where needed. Decide which validation tests should be done and setup these tests.
- Acting as R&D Processing consultant in all relevant R&D projects as well as an intermediate between R&D and Europe LPI.
- Be first point of entry for urgent production issues in plants.
- Advice and solve problems in manufacturing process Mixing, Extrusion and Calendaring.
- Develop and share best practices.
- Identify and manage resources to execute process improvement projects.
- Cooperate within other department in R&D and with other functions in the company as Global Manufacturing, Plants and Process Technology Development .
- Participate in projects with machinery suppliers.
- Academic degree, preferably chemical background and 5-10 years of experience in rubber industry.
- Understand impact of processing on tire properties.
- Analytical skills regarding tire and compound properties.
- Open mind, proactive approach, problem solution mindset.
- Teamwork attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English, Dutch is an advantage.
- You should be living in- or willing to relocate to the area of Enschede, the Netherlands.
You will be hired directly by Apollo Tires.
Location: Enschede (the Netherlands)