(Sr.) Tyre Engineer R&D
Apollo Tires, Plant in Gyöngyöshalász (Hungary)
Apollo Tyres is one of the global players in the tyres business with Indian roots. Apollo is an ambitious and growing company, with factories in India and Europe (Netherlands and Hungary) and sales offices all over the world. Apollo Tyres produces a wide Range of tyres such as Passenger Car Tyres, Ultra High-Performance Tyres, Radial Bus & Truck tyres, Agricultural tyres, Off-the-road tyres and more.
Located less than 100 km from the capital of Hungary, Budapest, this is Apollo Tyres’ first greenfield facility outside India.
This facility complements Apollo Tyres’ existing facility in the Netherlands, and produces both Apollo and Vredestein brand of tyres for the European market.
The Tyre Engineer is responsible for coordinating and solving technical challenges in the introduction of new materials and products the start of production at the plant.
He/she is with the teams of R&D EU responsible for the timely and technical delivery of the product according to agreed specs taking in account design rules and automotive standards.
Your main activities
- Coordination between R&D and plant.
- Monitor the correct production of design and maintain the cured specification.
- Red card holder in case production is not to the specified standards.
- Advice and help the plant to apply technology developed R&D.
- Rise test requests acc. to DVP&R and Project Master Schedule.
- Technical reviews.
- Technical status reporting.
- Join start of production.
- Analysis of (test)results.
- Lead analysis of technical issues (root cause analysis).
- Advice and solve problems in manufacturing processof new products
- Develop and share best practices.
- Develop innovative solutions to improve flexibility, productivity, quality of the tires.
- Identify and manage resources to execute process improvement projects.
- Cooperate within other department in R&D and with other functions in the company as Global Manufacturing, Plants, Process Technology Development.
- Participate in projects with machinery suppliers.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of OE development experience.
- Open mind, proactive approach, problem solution mindset.
- Teamwork attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of English.
You will be hired directly by Apollo Tires in Hungary.
Location: Gyöngyöshalász (Hungary)